The sun is finally out and the warmer weather is here! Spring is the perfect time to jump-start a new healthier lifestyle. Bozman Farms understands how important living a healthy lifestyle is, which is why we would like to provide you with a few helpful tips to get you on your way!
- Make it fun. Grab your family or some friends and go for a hike or take your dog for a walk, especially if you are living in a wonderful community like ours. The Bozman Farms community has a great park and a lot of green open space for residents to walk around and exercise. If you are going through the same motions of using cardio equipment at the gym, try mixing it up and take a fun class instead!
- Track your activity. Keeping a calendar nearby and marking the days you exercise with a big “X” will be a helpful reminder. Plus having a visual record of your activity will help keep you motivated to stay on your new health kick!
Upgrade Your Diet
- Focus on replacing “I should” with “I choose”. So instead of saying “I should be eating a more balanced diet,” think “I choose to eat a more balanced diet”. This will help remind you that you’re in control and you are the one who is making the choices.
- Now that you know you are in control, choose a diet plan and stick to it. Stock your kitchen with healthy food and be sure to bring healthy snacks wherever you go. This way you will always be well prepared when you get hungry.
- Try to take a break from stress. Whether at work or at home, we all go through stressful times and holding in all that stress is not healthy. Finding ways to relieve stress through different outlets may help. It could be yoga, running up and down the stairs, or even taking a few deep breaths to refocus. Everyone handles stress differently, so find what works best for you!
- Keep a journal. Write down all the positive things that are going on in your life and the things that you are thankful for. This will give you a good perspective about what really matters in your life and reduce your stress level drastically.
Follow these 6 helpful tips and you will be well on your way to a healthier lifestyle! Bozman Farms has a lot to offer for all you active families out there, so be sure to take a look at our website to find out more information about the community!