In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to get lost in the clutter. At Bozman Farms, we strive to live simply and in peace. Simplicity is key to living calmly. It may seem like a big job, but simplifying your life can begin with just a few minutes out of your day. We’ve compiled a list of 6 quick ways to simplify your life.
Eat a Real Breakfast
It may be fast and easy to grab a granola bar on your way out or scarf down a bowl of cereal, but they will not give you the energy you need to start the day off right. Make it a point to make a real, simple breakfast a part of your morning routine. Some eggs, toast, and fruit will do a lot more for your body and mindset than staying in bed a few extra minutes. Also, having a few minutes to sit down and eat is a great way to relax and stay calm in the morning.
Create White Space
White space is necessary to highlight the special items in your home. While we’d love to display important and beautiful items around the house, having too many things around can clutter your home.
How to create white space:
- Choose a surface – a wall, a shelf, a table.
- Remove everything from it.
- Re-distribute, store, or toss those items.
- Clean the space and leave it completely empty for a few days.
- Put one thing in that spot and nothing else. Make it something meaningful.
- Maintain it. Don’t let it get cluttered again.
Make the Most of Your Storage
People tend to make poor use of their storage areas. We throw things into closets, cram things under beds, and toss food blindly into the pantry. Efficient use of storage space is crucial to keeping the home neat and tidy.
How to maximize your storage areas:
- Pick a storage area. You can tackle the pantry, a closet, or work one shelf at a time.
- Take everything out of the spot. For larger areas, you can work one section at a time.
- Go through that stuff and throw out things you don’t need. You’ll be amazed how much unneeded stuff we keep around.
- Put items into boxes, bins or baskets instead of tossing them back on the shelves.
- Label! Mark what’s in each box so you can not only find things, but you’ll also know where to put new things in the future.
Make Your Bed Every Morning.
As simple as it may seem, even taking 5 minutes to make your bed in the morning can have a tremendous impact. It’s a great way to transform a bedroom into a calm, peaceful environment. The best part is, no matter what happens throughout the day, you’ll have a neatly made bed when you come home.
If you are looking to move to a master-planned community in North Texas, visit the Bozman Farms website and see why Wylie is the perfect fit for you!